Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT Rear Tire
Larger touring motorcycles are far from forgotten at Michelin and the new Pilot Road 4 GT Rear Tire is the one that proves this beyond a doubt. Based closely on the regular Pilot Road 4, the GT beefs up its sidewall stiffness to handle the additional weight and forces a full size high performance touring bike dishes out. And though mileage is the main selling point, the Pilot Road 4 GT and its 2AT dual rubber compound have been designed to let the heavyweight bikes corner and brake in the wet and dry better than ever before. For the rider who likes to tour, Michelin has created one impressive set of tires.
- Stiffer casing than standard Road 4, with a patented new technology for motorcycle tires that delivers the stability you need for heavier GT-class bikes while riding solo, two-up or with luggage, and the comfort you desire.
- Michelin’s patented new 2AT Dual Angle Technology uniquely combines elements of both bias and radial tire designs during the manufacturing process in order to deliver the best of both worlds: the extra load carrying capacity of bias and the riding pleasure of a radial
- Superior wet-weather performance: Stops 17% shorter than the leading sport-touring tire competitors on wet pavement and 24% shorter on slippery wet surfaces**
- Last longer: Up to 20% longer tread life than Michelin Pilot Road 3 tires****
- Dependable grip, even in challenging conditions: 2 Compound Technology with all-new silica-charged rubber compounds for excellent grip from 23 degrees F to 113 degrees F. New XST+ siping and enhanced tread patterns for optimum grip at all lean angles
Based on third-party commissioned tests conducted in 2013 by Dekra Test Center in Ladoux, France for braking on wet and wet slippery surfaces; tires included the Michelin Pilot Road 4, Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II, Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact, Pirelli Angel GT and Bridgestone Battlax Sport Touring T30 in dimensions 120/70ZR/17 and 180/55ZR/17. Results may vary depending on motorcycle type and operating conditions.****Note:
Based on 2013 internal wear and wet tests at the Ladoux Technology Center. Results may vary depending on motorcycle type and operating conditions.
Item # 64930
- SKU #
Mfr. Part #