Icon Variant Salvo Reflective Helmet
Blurring the lines between moto-ruffian and risk averse, the salvo black contradicts itself shamelessly. Black by day and bright by night, it offers you the compromise you've been looking for. Who but Icon would deliver extra visibility, disguised in a fresh graphic? You don't have to tell your friends, but, the wife and kids will appreciate it.
It’s a matter of survival. In an unforgiving maze of gravel–strewn corners and malevolent steel, a rider needs protection, vision and comfort. The call to arms has been answered. Introducing the ICON Variant™ helmet. The wind tunnel-refined shell, executed in a Fiberglass/Dyneema/Carbon matrix, forms a solid
first line of defense. Internally, a dual-density EPS core provides critical Energy Management which reduces transmitted impact forces.
Of course safety is best maintained by avoiding the crash altogether. To this end, the Variant features a reshaped eyeport which provides enhanced peripheral vision. The Variant’s™ unique visor system also contributes to improved vision. When properly designed, such as on the Variant™, the visor can help block bright sunlight while producing minimal lift characteristics. Couple this with Icon’s Fog-Free coating and it is obvious why the vision aspects of the Variant™ are superior.
Another important method of increasing safety is to reduce rider fatigue. Excessive heat buildup can result in both discomfort and distraction. Neither is a good situation. The Variant’s™ extensive venting system works at all
speeds, providing necessary airflow to the helmet interior. The airflow works in conjunction with the wicking HydradryTM liner to effectively reduce heat buildup.
- ALL WORLD STANDARD, meets or exceeds the following: DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (EUROPE), SAI AS1698 (AUSTRALIA) & SG (JAPAN) SAFETY AND TESTING STANDARDS
- Fiberglass/Dyneema /Carbon Fiber Shell
- Long oval headform
- Wind tunnel tested and refined
- Anti-lift visor to reduce glare
- Multiple oversized intake and exhaust ports
- Molded EPS nose reduces shield fogging
- Quick-change fog-free shield
- Removable Hydradry™ moisture wicking liner
- Rear spoiler for reduced helmet buffeting
- Removable chin curtain
**Closeouts are limited to stock on hand**